After reading some of the posts on this thread about the feeling of lost opportunities, and that time has past you by, and that it might be too late to start a career that involves higher education and that you have missed your calling. I thought I would like to post this link. I too have been thinking to returning to school, and after googling older students, non-trad student etc I game across this site, http://www.oldpremeds.org/fusionbb/index.php?

There are some people in their 50s starting med school, and many more in their 40s and even more in their 30s. Even if you are not interested in med school the diaries and general pre-med discussions are not only encouraging, but also offer some extremely useful strategies about re-entering college in your "later" years. Advice about re-taking some pre-reqs if you need to. The various reasons and advantages of why you may need to re-take courses from gathering current references to re-learning half forgotten material to changing fields. I think the forum could at the very least encourage you to return to/begin school/new adventure, and no it is not out of the question to begin new careers in your 50s

I have a question. I can not get the horizontal scroll off my reply does anyone know why its there?