Originally Posted by islandofapples
I'd always read the entire reading book at the beginning of the year while I was waiting for everyone else to finish reading whatever story we were assigned. I did this even though I was in the advanced "A" reading group.

I wanted to stay in for recess and read, but they wouldn't let me. So I read under a tree instead. A little girl chased me around and hit me and I figured out she was just lonely so I negotiated with her and told her I'd be her friend and play with her once in awhile (1st grade?). So she stopped trying to hit me. And I played with her only when I couldn't get out of it. I usually only had one friend a year and didn't get along with a lot of kids.

You reminded me of something... I too would read the entire reading textbook in advance in school. I also would lock myself in my room and read for hours. My mom always said I was in my own 'little world' and used books as a way to bribe me or punish me. I would spend hours in the library looking up stuff, I wish I had grown up with google. smile

Another weird thing I would do while in college is I would buy textbooks at the college bookstore that weren't for my particular classes but interested me. Textbooks on psychology, international relations, political science, etc...

Originally Posted by islandofapples
In early elementary, I convinced an boy a few years older than me on my bus that I had a twin and I'd pretend to be a different girl every time. I think I even gave my twin a British accent. I don't know why on earth he'd believe me but I'm 99% sure he did.

Reminds me of when I convinced my sister I was adopted and lived in an orphanage like in the movie "Annie"... lol