I posted my experiences in one of my first posts.

Looking back, I could have easily finished HS by age 12 and then gone on to college. No one really knew what to do with me. When I was 14, I was fortunate to meet coaches, teachers, and one PG adult who took an interest in me, and directed me, even though they could not always fulfill my need to learn at a high level. Prior to 14, from age 7 on, I survived by withdrawing and doing my own thing. Fortunately I had access to libraries and a parent who loosely supervised me. I was still able to grow, albeit haphazardly.

In dealing with my son, Mr W, 4y1m, has helped me to also see just how frustrating it was for adults to deal with me. Its very hard to look at him, a sunny little boy, and realize that he is really 8 mentally. Almost no one will engage with him as a 3rd grader if not a young adult, though he will act like one given the chance. And emotionally he is not a 3rd grader and this takes a great deal of work to carry him past his frustrations - and for him to perform at a higher level he has to grow emotionally. I can see how a kid like him could just withdraw.

Its fun to read the posts on Memory Lane. Our generation is the first to name and come to grips with these kids. I can't help but think and hope it will have a huge impact in their lives and in others' lives to raise them to be adults in full control of their abilities.