I could read by age 4, and I've always been a voracious reader, although I have less time as a non-French parent, wink I was a cereal box reader, too, as others have mentioned.

I was really quiet and shy until high school. I was a teacher-pleasing, perfect student. always 99th percentile on all standardized tests, always straight A's. I never learned to study properly; it never mattered. I never realized I was different from other kids. When they didn't know what I thought were obvious answers to easy questions, I thought I must be missing something, so I didn't raise my hand. This behavior ended in law school because I felt sorry for the professors when no one raised their hand.

I, like others here, was always reading ahead in my textbooks because class was too slow. I always managed to finish my homework at school, many times while class was going on. I watched an excessive amount of television at home...

Socially, I've always been a chameleon, getting along with everyone. my best friend in grade school was a straight A student, but not like me--she spent a lot of time studying. I made decent friends in high school, and one true peer who didn't go to my high school, who is still my best friend.

Last edited by st pauli girl; 02/20/12 10:25 AM.