Oh my gosh. So, I often wonder how things would have gone had my childhood been in any way "normal".

When I was 4, my mother ran out on us. (Drugs, apparently. She took off with a truck driver.) My dad then drove my sister and I from Pennsylvania, to our grandparents in Nevada. We lived there for less than a year. I went to half a year of kindergarten there. Then we moved back to PA with Dad. Finished K there. Moved again, did most of 1st in one city, then moved again and finished there. We continued moving about until 3rd grade when we landed in Texas. From K to 5th grade I went to 6 different schools. I managed to avoid memorizing my times tables until 5th grade as a result (my step-mother was HORRIFIED when she found out, lol.) Then, after 5th, we all moved to Maryland, and we stayed there for 5 years (through 10th grade) then moved back to Texas. Where I graduated with a (non-weighted )3.5 GPA (4.3 weighted) (which was quite an accomplishment considering they wouldn't give me credit for several of my classes in MD) and 18 college credit hours under my belt.

I was, apparently, quite a wild and crazy kid. I used to dress myself in fun/crazy/mismatched outfits and would freak the heck out if anyone tried to make me wear something else. I would stand in front of the TV each afternoon and jump up and down in place while watching my cartoons. I was basically just on the go non-stop! I don't remember ever not knowing how to read or learning to read - I just remember reading everything I could from at least age 5. I LOOOOVED to read. That was the only time I sat still. I still love to read. smile

I was a latch-key kid from 1st grade through about 4th, so I spent a lot of time just riding my bike all over the place and playing playing playing. Despite all the craziness, I think I had a pretty good childhood. I mostly remember reading and riding my bike all over with friends. (And Barbies!)

Last edited by epoh; 02/20/12 07:41 AM.

~amy