I just wanted to address and clarify a few things. With my dd10 being distinctly 2e, I have to admit that I don't really view dd13 as 2e. Yes, she does have avg processing speed which is seriously out of sync with her other abilities, but she isn't ADD, not dyslexic, has no ASD... I really view the SPD dx she has from her younger years more as part and parcel of being HG+ than a disorder. That and the avg speed are the only things one could possibly call 2e and they really don't rise to the level of 2e in my book.

I also really don't think that being a year or two older would make a difference in this circumstance for her and I don't believe that we are now seeing the negative aspects of a grade skip for that reason. She was a straight A student all the way through an IB middle school with fairly large work output expectations. She won regional writing contests, academic and citizenship awards, and scored about the same as the avg high school junior at this very high achieving high school she now attends on the ACT when she took it in 8th grade shortly after her 12th bd. She participated in clubs, had lead roles in musical theatre productions, was pretty popular...

The list goes on and on and, while I can't say for sure, I really don't think that 5 hrs of nightly homework would be more managable for her at 14 or 15 than it is at 13. I also don't think that she'd do it any faster. As I said earlier, the work is not in any way too hard for her. It is just too much quantity and I think that would always be the case not b/c she is 2e or younger, but b/c it isn't a fit for her as a person to work that much.