Justamom, please update us when things settle down. I am very interested to know whether the ADHD issues go away with the seizure meds (i.e. if the seizures were preventing proper sleep and also causing episodes of inattention).

From what I understand, if there is ASD in the mix, there is likely a much lower threshold for reaction to medications and a higher tendency towards stress and anxiety (even if they don't realize they are suffering from stress) which sound like a common trigger for the seizures.

My DD is pretty happy with her ADD meds and they seem to be helping with her sleep schedule a bit too, so I would hate to make changes at this point. But now we are both quite certain she has been having simple partial seizures all this time and I am wondering what to do with this knowledge.

I did a web search on complex partial seizures which led to descriptions of different types of seizures, one in particular "psychic seizure" she says describes perfectly all of the mystery symptoms she has been experiencing for years (other than out of body experiences):

>These seizures change how people think, feel, or experience things. They may have problems with memory, garbled speech, an inability to find the right word, or trouble understanding spoken or written language. They may suddenly feel emotions like fear, depression, or happiness with no outside reason. Some may feel as though they are outside their body or may have feelings of d�ja vu ("I've been through this before") or jamais vu ("This is new to me"� even though the setting is really familiar).

I read that seizure episodes often just go away by the age of 20 so I am thinking she may be better off staying on the ADD meds for now and just keeping a journal on the seizures to see if she can find any pattern of triggers.

I found an epilepsy forum where someone posted a link to the different states laws on mandatory reporting and driving restrictions but now I cant seem to find it again. If I do, I'll post it.

Please keep in touch here or by PM, I really want to know how things work out moving forward. Is your son going to college this fall?

Sorry this is jumping around so much, I am still trying to digest and sort all of this new information.