I have some progress. I re-contacted a neuro-psychologist who was interested in accepting my son as a patient a few months ago. I think his expertise seems to be assisting ADHD professional adults/college students. He helped me understand why most neurologist and psychiatrist may not be able to diagnos and gave me a few recomendations to neurologists who specialize in adolescent onset seizures.

Can I say the insurance referal process is more than a pain? Why does it seem like their CSR's goal is to tell you "we can't help you because our policy for X, Y, Z, 1, 5, 2..... says you have to wait for a doctor to admit he doesn't know what he's doing? However, if you want a flu shot, they are free" They want me to start with a brand new in-network PCP and exhaust all regular neurologists and psychiatrists before he can see an epitologist. That sounds like 2-3 months later... he might be able to see an epitologist who may be familiar with what's going on if he/she takes this terrible insurance plan.

I was able to find a researching eptiologist for a September appointment but he's willing to look at doctor's and test results now if I have them sent to him.

I was very sad when I heard him say, "My whole class (AP/IB) is in the top 10-25%." He didn't realize it before graduation rehersals. I just told him when we get this figured out, perhaps we will know why his teachers had told him "This is so easy for you, Why can't you just do it?" He started hearing this as early as 6th grade.

Last edited by JustAMom; 05/30/11 07:37 AM. Reason: correct terminology