Ok, I wanted to make a correction. The neurologist said all of his tests were "good" however, he wanted to look over and study the EEG test results before giving me his opinion. My son's grandmother was with me when I spoke to the neurologist and clarified what he had said. I guess I was a bit distraught over his seizure.

I feel awful for agreeing with the consequence of truancy court. Every time he missed school from oversleeping, I had him visit his psych doc and gen practioner who both thought it was more of a behavioral issue than medical. I understand why the school thought truancy court would encourage him to make better choices and start asking for what he needs in order to be successful. Now, I'm not so sure if he is capable of doing such because it seems as though he is unaware about what to ask or what he doesn't know. After the court ordered improvements asked of him, he did incorporate better study habits and started checking in with each teacher to see if he is doing what is required.

I am a bit afraid that the dx of ADHD was wrong this entire time eventhough his ADHD meds seemed to improve his academic performance while intensifying anger during the afternoon.

We have a seizure center nearby so I am hoping to get an appointment with them soon.