Originally Posted by JustAMom
We're getting closer to resolving his issues....

After ambulatory EEG testing, it was evident that he has complex partial seizures in his frontal lobe during his sleeping and waking phase.

He may or may not have ADHD and his neuro thought he may have had this type of activity for a while and may be a lifelong condition. His neuro was a bit surprised as he thought while he the EEG would probably report normal activity because he was already on a maintenance dosage of keppra.

I think the next step is to manage the seizures before they start to address attention issues.

Wow! I am so glad for you that you have something concrete to work with, but at the same time, how frightening it sounds.

How do you recognize a complex partial seizure? My DD has experienced occasional "fainting" or "almost fainting" spells where she is able to lay down and avoid a complete black out or a fall, but I wonder if there is a connection to that and the sleep issues and the ADD symptoms. She also mentioned something strange that happens when she is in a car where the light shining through trees or roadside structures creates a strobe effect: she has to close her eyes and is afraid of pain or dire consequences if she opens them. Would I be MSBP if I asked her doctor to evaluate her for the possibility of seizures?