Originally Posted by Artana
I think I also have some odd version of impostor syndrome. I feel like world's best mimic. I love to write, but my writing tends to copy the type of writing I have recently read. Or, I love to sing and am good at it, but I once again mimic styles. When I was little, my existential depression was based on the thought that I would never create something that was uniquely mine.

OMG Artana! I so itentify with this! My favorite writing assignements in High School as to write an 'extra chapter' of the book we had just finished. I read very little fiction nowadays, because I SO carry the writer's voice and perspective in my head - for days or few weeks! And in my head - I sound just like David Bowie - but sadly - not to other people. I used to be down on myself about it - and call myself a Zelig (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelig

But now I see it differently - probably because I've found a way to put my skills into the service of others here on this very board.
I'm super extraverted - so I'm interested in and energized by people, and my strength is intrapersonal awareness - so I am in good touch with all the various corners of my complicated self. I'm also 'touch dominant' so I learn about other through 'embodying' them. Roll it all together and I have an uncanny abilty to walk a mile in other people's shoes. Who needs to have an interesting life if they have an interested life?

I know some people who have the spiritual belief that there are no seperate people - that all of us have done and been all of it. I don't literally believe this, but I think it's a useful perspective. It's nice to be normal for a change!

Smiles,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com