Originally Posted by bk1
DS also completed the second test (science) with the same scribe before time was up, and when I later went to the school office to get cab company numbers, the scribe was there. The scribe grinningly introduced me to the principal as �[DS11 name]�s mom� and said �we hope to see [DS11] at G&T Middle in the fall.� (Hint that DS11 tested well?) The principal said, �[DS11 name] �..? He was adorable!� It seemed like the two of them actually � liked- DS11. And they wanted him there, even though they could undoubtedly see that he was 2E. Perhaps teachers who go to work at gifted schools actually like gifted kids!

I wish I had some experience with having to choose between 2 schools that have such major advantages - but I can share my gut reaction: This paragraph here, plus the Goldilocks problem tip me to recommend you go for Super G&T.

I also think that all the diversity makes it easier for kids with 'unusual' social skills to fit in better.

I would also recomend you set up a quick little meeting with the principle of Super G&T and explain your situation, and ask for her advice. She may be able to 'tip' you off on if you will or won't get the acceptance.

Keep us posted and let us know.

Best Wishes,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com