I came here after we had DS tested at a young age... we started to see some warning signs in preschool of a mismatch of his environment/peers and his own development especially since he misses the school cutoff for K by one day. We expected to hear that he is very bright so we were stunned at the results but it did explain his increasing resistance even at his young age to going to his daycare and his comments. He is such a chameleon that we still are puzzled by exactly what we are dealing with and whether he is challenged enough or not.

GT (and 2E) runs in DH's family for sure, and most likely same in mine, and while I have my results from my childhood, they are all skewed by my disability and its challenges that depressed some of the early scores (which was in one of the reports saved) so it is not clear even in the last test round before I aged out of special ed, whether the lingering impact was still reflected (it is not really something that one can fully outgrow or fully gain back the lost years).

We have not tested DD yet (a large concern is that she can be extremely difficult to work with if she decides not to cooperate - which was something I was notorious for as a kid too with reports saved that stated the same about me) and although she is quite different from DS, people seem to see DD as being gifted (and tell us that) while DS seems like another average boy to most people.

It is coming here that helped me to see that GT is not the stereotype of prodigies but quite a range of abilities/interests and very individual (and yes, I was friends with someone who I now believe is PG/EG - definitely way higher than mine - so my viewpoint of what would be average IQ may be affected by running around with her for so many years and not realizing that our conversations may not have been age typical).