This is a great thread. It's so interesting to get a better sense of people's stories.

I was never tested because I grew up in a very small town where no one ever thought about this stuff, but was probably at least a MG kiddo. I literally never knew that school was supposed to present a challenge until I got to university. And even then, I only had to start studying (albeit a little hard at times) to get excellent marks, including in law school.

It only dawned on me that this might be somewhat outside the norm when I started reading up on giftedness in relation to DS7 when he was 3 years old. And even then, I started out researching mostly about his big emotions. I thought he might be a "spirited child", but it seemed like something different than that. Once I figured out that he seemed to fit the GT characteristics, I turned to this forum mostly because of his intensity, and posting on here and receiving comfort and suggestions has been a godsend for me.

So far, he seems to be doing ok with a bit of enrichment in school. And his EQ has mostly caught up to his big feelings, so he's turning into a pretty incredibly kid. Both boys (he and DS5, who has been an easy kid) are probably going to need more than they're currently getting at school (I posted about that last week). But for now, we're catching our collective breath and enjoying this nice groove. smile