Parent of a DYS son and younger child who tested HG (but we suspect may be PG as well). Child of an almost certainly PG mother and sibling of a likely PG brother. (I'm guessing based on experiences and learning since DS...)

Am some level of gifted myself, however I did not grow up in a town that had any such thing as gifted ID or assistance. Although, I wanted to be accelerated but my mother had been double skipped and was against it. She had felt like an outlier. She likely would have anyway... I was an excellent student until I hit anything that required additional effort (aka didn't want to ask for help and thought if I couldn't figure it out, I wasn't good in that area). Spouse is also gifted and describes most of school as boring.

I've always had an interest in education and that, combined with all the above, have led me to dig for information about best practices, evidence-based recommendations, etc., etc. This community has provided a great deal of support and understanding, even when individual members disagree. As HK mentions, it's also been lovely to be able to "talk" openly about our children without seeming like I'm bragging.