So, she can't be moved (I don't think) because this is a class with assigned seats that are assigned in a set way based on a system (sorry to not be more specific, but I get paranoid about being IDed on this board!)

As I consider it, this class also does not have a desk, and has a lot of equipment she has to deal with. So, the class is really outside the norm in a lot of ways. No wonder she's discombobulated.

routine and clear labels help. For example, the left side folder pocket has a huge label in red that indicates "HW/CW: Must Turn In" while the front of the folder/binder lists steps for the beginnning and end of class, such as EMPTY Turn In pocket & check planner. Regarding the "turn in as you leave" assignment, it may help if your DD completes it ASAP and then place it on the same corner of her desk where nothing else goes. Again, automaticity requires time and practice to develop but if she establishes and sticks to the same routine, it will develop faster. Regarding parent info sheets and forms that get forgotten, my kids (and all their classmates) are provided a special folder, which is placed next to their planner (at the top of the required huge binder) where all such papers go.

These are good ideas. This is what she needs--systems that remind her. She WILL do it if she gets the cues--she wants to do it--but a certain percentage of her brain is drifting in space/occupied with other concerns and issues at any one time, I'm pretty sure.

We are still establishing friends that she can contact in each class. This is a much bigger school and many of her friends are not in class with her, to her dismay. I don't think they are encouraged to email teachers. They use Edmodo, but if it is like elementary, teachers rarely respond there.

And I will say, I would like to let her suffer consequences to some degree. (There is another class where this is an issue for totally different reasons...) But what I hate about my district is that everything is an application-based magnet. DD's grades have mattered since 4th grade, and they matter now. Sucks to be her. And me.

Thanks, everyone--this is helping.