We just spent allllllllllll morning with two new docs for DS (psychiatrist and psychologist who will be doing therapy). I don't know if any of this will be helpful or relevant to you and your DD but here's my takeaway:

M.D. is going to begin treating anxiety with medication. His take is that there is a super duper (clinical term--ha) strong neurobiological component of ASD/ADHD-I type symptoms and the correcting the proper neurotransmitter imbalance has been life-changing for many of his patients. He referred to his "hall of fame" ASD patients who, once properly (medically) treated are able to reach their potential, academically and functionally.

Psychologist said that yes, it is right to advocate for DS to have an IEP with EF support and interventions but also said "good luck with that" and he is not aware of anyone in our district who has the requisite skill set. He recommended I start with Smart But Scattered (and I told him it's on my coffee table, but I was distracted from reading it--another ha) and that he will help me and DS work on the EF stuff from home. He said that there are other programs but this one is based in neuroscience and a good enough place to start.

I find the inability to turn in completed work to be the most frustrating situation, ever. Especially when it's not happening in very structured classes...like your DD, DS has over 100% in math, where the teacher follows the same structure every day.

We do have the scan/email accommodation in 504. I don't know, but doubt, that many of his teachers would be willing to do this without the accommodation. Ironically, the teachers who seem to be most willing to be flexible are in the classes where it's least needed.

If you manage to crack the code, please share.