Originally Posted by 22B
Why are people eating cupcakes in the classroom? Cupcakes! How about an education instead of junk food. As a non-American, and now a homeschooler in America, I really don't really know what goes on in the American classroom, but some of the things I read are just weird. As a kid I don't remember eating in the classroom at all.
In my son's PS last year, they had a million cupcakes (it seems like that to me), chocolate chip cookies, Disney movies (teacher had a Netflix account for the classroom, I kid you not), the first day welcome package from teacher containing candy, valentine's candy, halloween candy, rice krispies, marshmallows, oreos, candy cane, gingerbread houses (I am sure I missed half the fun stuff). I know all this because my DS does not eat sugary stuff - he just shoves it all in his backpack and brings it home. And the people with allergies got juice boxes, I was told frown
I made a racket about it once and they allowed me to bring in bagged apple slices - and then, back to the cupcakes.
We are no longer with that school.

ETA: How did I forget the Pizza parties and the "Celebrate Fall with Donuts" party and the "Welcome Summer with Popsicles" party???