Food allergies are complicated. I mean, unless my allergist is lying to me, not all positive tests have to be regarded as Code Red. DS just tested mildly positive to a couple of things and we've been asked NOT to eliminate them from his diet until further consultation. I tested mildly positive to a bunch of stuff, and after consultation I only eliminated one. I don't know if this is the case or not, but to me it seems possible that some people might have received these same test results and become very concerned about a reaction? But this may not be necessary in all cases since testing is known to produce false positives. FTR, I was tested due to migraines, which can have many causes. If one is testing due to hives immediately after eating, etc, I would think the recommended actions are different.

The other thing is that if you have a sensitivity (IgG), which frankly, many people I know do call that an allergy, that's really different from an IgE allergy, which is the type that can be immediately dangerous. I know a parent of a child with sensitivities and the school treats it like an IgE allergy, which they need not, according even to the parent.