One thing I don't get though. He is obviously having problems with kids being too close to him. So why, knowing this, would the therapists put him right next to the other kids, making him so uncomfortable to the point where he now can't stand being around anyone? I get that they are working through his issues and trying to get him be more comfortable but isn't one of the points of IEPs to give kids accommodations so they can function in their learning environment, which in his case at least for the moment would be letting him sit away from others so he wouldn't freeze and snap? Or does this only come into play later on when kids actually attend school full time?

As a side note, DS3.2 is doing quite well this week. Still very much on the edge but for the most part very happy, playful, we have even seen some nice imaginative play and to top it off, yesterday he decided he'll tackle his fine motor problems and got me to teach him to write letters! He wanted me to guide his hand the whole time but it was a huge success because usually he doesn't like anyone teaching him anything. And in this case we spent 30 minutes tracing dry-erase letters and he still wanted more smile. So, he's clearly doing quite well, just on his own terms.