I applied to Johns Hopkins for her to take the SCAT. I guess I just wait now. What IS this SCAT test. Seems like its just above grade level testing...Why isn't the WJ good enough? How is she going to do well on an above grade test when she has been given very little above grade material to work on.?

If she does well, then what? I don't even know where to begin on getting a bigger pond for this duck.

She has organized an art show for the neighborhood. I told her that she might be able to get the Art Emporium to provide the prizes. She did. So, I feel good about supporting her in this, but I don't know how long I can keep it up!

Yesterday she was making Iced Tea and sitting in the yard offering it to people and dying her hair with paroxide.(which reminds me, she wanted me to look up why it make your hair orange.) The few days before were partly filled with her designing an iPhone application social networking via...umm maybe I shouldn't say ...just in case she has something! lol...anyway she spent hours in photoshop designing what the screens should look like for her app. Today she had her little sis pose for like 45 minutes while she drew her and learned a card trick, she made lunch, practiced piano...(which is just playing tunes cause we can't afford lessons..) did her 4th grade workbook and then I suggested she do the first problem on every page in her 5th grade workbook...she liked that. (She complains that she doesn't like to do the same problem 100 times..so I thought I'd look like I'm listening and working with her).
She already knew how to do 2 digits on the bottom multiplication...when she saw 3 digits, she just did it...I was happy to see that she was transferring her knowlege..

She will be in Ballet Intensives all next week! That will be nice for both (all) of us!

So, thanks for the advice/info/observations...

I just hope that I can believe the results of this "test." I have a hard time believing that she could score 99.9 or whatever it was on the WJ in spelling/grammar...or whatever...when they didn't test ALL the words..I feel like she just happened to know those words.