I will do all of those. We are near Yale. Where would I begin? Which department would I call? Child Psych?

I am not gifted. (although I was always called gifted in art and creative writing..by teachers)...so I don't know if I have any "knocking me down a notch stories" but I guess that does sound like a bad idea...lol.

My husband was tested when he was young...the SB and tested out...at 140...tester guessed it was around 152 or 153. So, I feel very inadequate raising this little one! (I have a 5 year old who may be going down the same road, but is less "even" with fine motor skill lagging a bit)

I have requested a subject skip in math...denied.
I have requested from many people (including school psych) testing...was told they don't do achievement testing for anyone.

I have not writen a request for an IQ test. I will word it exactly how you said. Never thought of questioning a LD! Brilliant! Although, they might think I'm crazy because I already requested the grade skip..and her grades are high!

I actually DO think my little one has a LD of some sort and talked to the Spec Ed teacher about it and was told "A child reading at DD5's level, doesn't have a LD)! So, I never thought to go there with DD9!

Thanx for the wonderful help. If you wouldn't mind telling me which department to start with at Yale.!?