Originally Posted by incogneato
You said 3? At three they are so elusive! You like: Free to be you and me? My DD5 when she was 3: "Free to be me, me, me and it's all about me!! It's not like his mother is stubborn or independent thinking or anything, right?
smile

I

ROFL! I don't know WHAT you're talking about? And I'll continue to stubbornly and independently cling to that denial! tee-hee-hee!

I haven't tried sight words with him. I'll do that.

Seriously, I've hardly "taught" DS3 anything, since I never really had to teach DS6 anything. Even potty training, what I did wasn't appearing to have much effect with DS6 (then just 3yo). I sent him to grandma's house and he came home trained! I was so nervous about training DS3 because I had no clue what I was doing. It worked out fine...mostly because he followed DS6's lead!

I read to DS3 all the time, point out words, have him try to sound things out...but it's not his thing yet. He's more interested than he was a few months ago, but he's still not nearly as into it as his big brother was when he was 2, and DS3 is nearly 4.

I've just been patient, figuring he'll get there when he gets there. Now I'm wondering if it's a failure of imagination on my part. I just haven't appealed to him where he is.

Of course, that assumes I know where he is...or can figure it out...

Kriston