Do you ever get more comfortable w/GT or do you always have this occasional nag that chirps - oh to be normal or happily bright?

We had dd #1 assessed last spring... after simply asking for special teacher selection at public school... we got the "sure your kid is special look." So, the post assessment counseling the guy was clear. K was not even an option and of, by the way, that great school district you moved for only offers pull-out so that won't work. Now, we did find a charter school (free but a really long drive) that offers self contained gifted classrooms. And, the skip went smooth as pie (minus her rough handwriting skills - she's still soring).

But here come the debate, along comes dd#2 who does not have that same first born self driven disposition... Her birthday is in jan so there maybe more fuss about acceleration than her december born sister. Last time we didn't see it coming - we knew she was ahead of everyone we knew but assumed in a bigger pond there would be others like her. But this time, we can't claim we are naive.... we can see it coming.

When I talked of dd#1 acceleration it freaked out everyone but was the right thing to do... With #2... it seems early k entrance, wait and skip k, wait for her to become an underachiever, or sell her to gypies. I'm not asking the nervous hens in the outside world, I'm asking here.

Outside of having the scores and ability... when do you know acceleration is a good fit. Does anyone have a highly gifted but (not profound 160+) who has a story to tell (especially for non-first born ... basically #1 is all the symterical/leadership etc. part of the gifted lists and #2 is all the humor/sensitive/creative side).

Sorry for being so wordy. By the way, #1 is home today and keeps interupting to point out she's finished another chapter of Addy (american girl) - she's just 6 (I know but i have no family outside this house so who else can i tell with a smile and not have talk behind my back that i'm a liar or a brag).

Thanks!