Originally Posted by kickball
Let's step back and clarify so I can reliquish my decision process to you :-)

You suggest half-day K now and maybe skip 1. But to clarify, if I send #2 who is 4.5 to K we already going (very) early entrance with a Jan 19th birthday. So I don't see turning around and skipping 1 or is the suggestion to keep her in a pre-school program for the 08-09 year and go to gifted all day K instead of skipping into 1st? Make sense.

...Also thanks to the post w personal experience to say our 99.9 is different than the 98/99th.

Thanks Kickball,
The key question is this, how does DD react to the 'baby work' in the preschool she is in now? If she is 99.9 then GT school with some level of full skip sounds good, and your third child can enjoy the same school without the skips if he falls into the 97-99 range.

As for the Full K next year v. half-day local K this year, totally depends on your needs, and how she reacts socially to being with agemates in a school or preschool environment. She may need to be with older children next year in the local half-day K for social reasons, or the preschool, with it's less academic orrientation may be perfect. If you can post some about her personality, and how she does in playdates, etc, or when olders sister's friends come over to play, we'll try to help you think about it - but I do think you have a good handle on the key parts of a workable program.

Smiles,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com