DS has the Achievement test scores--he blew the WJ away: 159 Total Achievement, just to name one...But he was over 150 in 3 of the "big 4" areas, and was at 144 in the 4th. He's YSP all the way in achievement scores. No question.

I'm wondering if I could submit the SBV with this article and see what they think. This part in particular made me wonder:

"As this article was being written, Riverside Publishing was in the process of posting a suggested gifted cutoff that allows use of the Abbreviated Battery, either the Nonverbal or Verbal IQ alone, the Gifted Composite score, or a combination of ability domain scores to be valid in assessing giftedness."

His "Fluid Reasoning" score (which I assume uses the verbal and nonverbal subtests, right?) was "147+". His full-scale score was "134+" without adaptation. (The pluses are the tester's, not mine.) The noverbal knowledge subtest and both working memory subtests are what pulled him down.

How sticky is YSP about the second test score? If you have one qualifying score, are they flexible on the second?

...Or maybe we should just bite the bullet, pay for the WISC and see what happens...

...and I'm still churning away on what to submit in a portfolio...How does one show HG+ in a 6yo who isn't writing novels or doing calculus yet? confused

Kriston