Kriston,

You have already received some great advice about what you SHOULD do.

I�ll share what we (my son and I) did wrong on the day he took the SBV last year.

I had Map Quest directions, but took a different route and got lost in high-crime area on the way to testing arriving in the nick of time rather than early as I had hoped. I�m sure the tester�s expectations were immediately lowered when my son explained that I got lost on the way there!!! My advice is to make a dry run to the office a day or two earlier.

I would also advise you tell your DS to take the test seriously and to do his best. I should have stressed this more with my son, but I was afraid of making it seem like too big of a deal! The psychologist made a point to tell me that DS was sooo relaxed that he actually slid out of his chair and unto the floor at one point!

One last piece of advice that I didn�t use for my son�s SB-V testing is to bring an ice-breaker item such as a favorite toy or book. My son had some favorite books to show a different psychologist when he was tested on the SB-IV at six years old. He developed an immediate rapport with her which I�m sure helped ensure best effort.

Your son is at an optimal age for IQ testing. I�m sure he will enjoy the challenging games and do quite well!