Originally Posted by CFK
I agree with delbows about the above level tests. After elementary, IQ scores don't seem to mean much anymore and I don't think it's just because the tests are not as accurate at the older ages for gifted children. It becomes more about what you are actually doing than what you are able to do. I think after the IQ testing is done, Kriston, you should take a look at the SCAT or some such test. Above level tests seem to give more relevant numbers than IQ scores in my opinion, and they also seem to be more attuned to academic success than achievement tests (WJ, WIAT, etc.). That's why I'm looking at having my middle DS take the SAT this winter. I think that will give me much more useful information on how to plan his high school years than an IQ score. (especially since he has three of them!)

Hi CFK,
I find this idea very attractive. Can you flesh it out a little more. I'm gearing up to sign my DS11 up for the SATs this year or next. When he took the SCAT in 3rd, he scored over a standard deviation above the other gifted kids, which meant nothing to the school, but at least assured me that we were in the Young Scholar Program ballpark. How specifically do you use the above level test results to plan High School?
Thanks -
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com