Hmmm, acs...it's hard to say, really, if he liked taking the test. He mostly said he was tired. I did specifically ask, "Are you having fun?" and he said he was having fun. "I'm just tired" was his only additional comment. He certainly wasn't bubbling over or anything, but he's the sort of kid who lets you know if he's hating something, so I think it was probably at least a little fun for him. I certainly wouldn't say he was not on board with it. He's just a real matter-of-fact kind of kid.

Surprisingly, he said his favorite part of the test was the subtest that he bombed. (More evidence that he REALLY didn't get the point of that particular subtest!) By far his favorite part of the day was getting to build with the marble raceway in the doctor's waiting room, but obviously that was not part of the test...

I couldn't tell if DS liked the tester or not. Again, he seemed pretty neutral, but with him, there wouldn't be much to tell unless he either REALLY loved or REALLY hated the tester. Aside from his 1st grade teacher, I don't know that he's ever expressed an opinion about an adult, now that I think about it. He's a very logic-minded kid, so we generally talk in terms of liking/disliking people's actions, not liking/disliking people.

Last night, DH and I did discuss having DS take the WISC with a female psychologist here in town. She specializes in working with gifted kids, too, though she's not the national expert that tester #1 was. Still, we thought DS might do better with a woman. And sleeping in his own bed the night before the test appears to be a requirement...There's something else we learned from the SB-V! wink

It's good to know that he might not do much better on the WISC-IV. I think we've decided that we might as well give it a try because, as you say, Dottie, more info is better. Even so, if the testing conditions had been optimal the first time around, then we'd probably not bother. But DS was lacking 3 hours of sleep, bordering on sick, and taking a test not really right for his learning style...All of that leads me to believe we ought to give it one more try, just to see if there's anything else we can learn.

I'll check with the insurance company, incogneato. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks again, all! laugh

Kriston