((pout))
Sorry about no clean answer K...it's great when it does happen.
As for the expensive private school - all of them do have financial aid packages, and it's questionable that YSP's financial aid would be more generous that that.

I would seriously looking the various schooling options, so that at least you "know" what's availible. Homeschooling has lots of advantages, but bricks and mortar schools have more to offer than athletics. Just spend time sittling in the public school class your child could be gradeskipped into, and the private schools. Then you will be homeschooling because you love it, not because you didn't look behind the curtian. (My Humble Opinion - LOL)

The good news is that your child is solidly Level III or more. I would certianly fill out paperwork for Davidson's YSP - it's not a sure thing, but worth a try. You know that unaccomidated regular school isn't worth trying - that's a lot of sanity right there. Ruf talks about the differences between Level III, IV and V being very dependent on environment and personality, and quite fluid for some children. Other children are talking and reading at 6 months of age, and well, there is less mystery about certian questions, such as school.

Did your tester have any ideas about the WISC or YSP elegibility? I would drop him an email about it.

Best Wishes,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com