I agree! This level of drama is relatively new (we always had some, but not to this degree), and it was so lovely before that. For instance, she was the sweetest, most wonderful toddler I knew. Of course I am biased, but I wouldn't be surprised if your experience was similar. I have long attributed it to her sensitivity. As long as we weren't putting her in a situation that she was too sensitive for, she was amazingly cooperative and helpful. That's why I've been banging my head so much lately. wink

Wow, what wonderful manners! It drives me nuts when they show movies like that in school/preschool. My DD is really affected by movies, but she would be far too shy to say anything to the teacher. I love how your DS asserted himself so politely! I try to teach her to assert herself, but it is definitely a work in progress. I picked her up from art class yesterday and she was the last child washing the paint off her hands. The teacher's aide was probably tired of helping them get it off, so she told my DD that she was done even though she still had some on her hands. So I told my DD she needed to wash more, and she was almost in tears because I was telling her she needed to, and the teacher [aide] told her she was done. She was able to tell me what was wrong without going into full bore tears, so I told her we could go to the restroom instead. We then had a conversation about things that teachers get to decide and things that parents get to decide.

Day 1 with instant rewards. She's loving it. smile Thankfully, she has had enough good behavior that we've been able to reward her quite a bit. I am seeing a difference already, so hopefully it will last! I have also been removing or limiting some of the choices that we have been giving her, and telling her clearly when decisions are only for my DH and I. She has been amazingly accepting of this change.