My DD5 has always been very sensitive and very intense. It seems that my parenting strategies are just not working well with her lately, and we're having many, many meltdowns over small issues. Yesterday, she had a 15 minute meltdown because I put milk on her cereal and she wanted it dry. Today, we had one because I asked her to clean up something she left out. The list goes on and on. I expect these issues with 2 year olds, but not so much with 5 year olds.

We're starting kindergarten next month, and I need a better way to deal with this behavior before I have to have her somewhere on time 5 afternoons a week. I'm pulling my hair out. Is this normal for kids with emotional OE? It's just so over the top. Every obstacle is a crisis, and every little bump results in shrieking and tears.

Is there a book that specifically deals with emotional OE and how to handle it? Or a book that covers it in greater depth than most gifted parenting books? Most have just one little section that mostly describes it rather than explaining how to deal with it.

Please help me save my sanity. wink Thanks in advance!
Dawn