This conversation reminds me of something I read on another board, I think on Julie Bogart's Bravewriter board. It was about a woman showing off her new dress to her DH and his first response is "Oh, well, wouldn't the other necklace or shoes go better with that?" While his comment was well-intentioned, it was not properly timed. We've all had that happen. "Hi mom and dad. This is the man I'm going to marry!" "Well, you gotta watch out for men, like him" ha ha ha. My point is, the OP has made her decision, she was following up to another thread letting us know where she is now in her decision making process. She was not asking for pros/cons of HSing and socialization and college. She is making the best decision she can for her child at this moment. The presence of a troll in another thread undoubtedly made folks a bit jumpy.

This is THE most supportive board I know of for differing opinions. If someone wants to debate the pros/cons of socialization and college wrt to HSing - start another thread. those who want to engage in the conversation will, those who don't will ignore - everyone will be happy.

Most mishaps on forums I've been on are due to misunderstandings in the written word.