Originally Posted by Mom0405
looking for advice on whether or not to try to start him in another school right away (if I can find one), try fun summer school programs, or wait until next fall (if I find something).

If you don't have to put him in something right away I would say, wait and give him time to heal.

Then you willhave time to a) consider what you want him to get out of preschool/prek and then b) find the right fit.

My ds was in a preschool situation that was a poor fit when we moved, but not as extreme as the trauma your son has had. we switched him to a montessori right away and he did fine after a few weeks. differences, my ds is probably Mg with no huge sesitivity issues (just small ones) and he had been at another preschool that had been great. so he was used to the scchool routine and had positive supportive associations with school.

So you may eventually find something that will work for youir ds. But in his current fragile state, stick to your guns and wait until you find the right place.

Oh, and "a fun summer program" might be just the ticket for a transition, or might be too chaotic. tread carefully there too.