Katelyn's mom,
No worries, it sounds like a good setup. DS4 did well in his pre-k program before this montessori program too. They had a set-up where they played in a big gym and jumped around, then had a type of circle time, centers. The also had music and movement and sign language. They still had a letter of the week and on Fridays they would bring in something that started with that letter. He still enjoyed that, even if he knew his letters forwards, backwards and in spanish...and can read. Sometimes even though they know things it's still fun for them. And another thing I have noticed, I often don't hear stories about gifted girls acting out at schools, especially in pre-k. In fact, I have never heard a story of this. (If anyone has a story, feel free to share).

Montessori is a good fit for some, but not everyone. I really thought it was made for DS, but I was afraid that he would act out since they don't have a behavior management system there, but so far so good. Not one behavior issue and it's been months. I don't know if they can challenge him in every area, but I think they are doing a decent job trying at least. Plus he comes home with more cultural information and information about different areas and not just math...which is what he is usually hyper-focused on.

Austin - LOL about "working with him" for naps. I wonder what that would look like. I could never have started DS in a program before this year. I did try it at 3 and he was in a program for 4 months (just 4 hrs a week). It was an awful fit...he could barely talk with the kids because they barely talked. He didn't understand why they weren't speaking english...in retrospect it is quite funny. At the time it wasn't. Time heals all wounds, well most of them.