shellymos,

What a lovely post and I hope it helps master of none with her demons of self doubt in the parenting department. The funny/strange thing is I read these posts on this board and I have not drawn that conclusion of "parents who instinctively know how to nurture exceptional talent- like many of the parents on this board." It comforts me to know I am not the only one and we all ask questions and have such different opinions. I don't think there is a single parent on here that feels they have all the answers (I could be wrong) and I hope master comes to realize this and know that we are all stumbling through this some further along but still hoping that the last decision was the right decision.

And as far as your preschool choice I have to admit that has been my opinion on DD and why I chose a playbased school. I have also told my DH that we will go into it openly and if in the first few months we see it isn't a right fit then we will move on. Now I am really curious on what happened with your DS that he was kicked out in a month. If that is too bold and you don't want to share I totally understand but I want to go in with eyes open in know what signs I should be looking for so if she needs to go to a school more in line with Montessori I will be able to make the decision quickly.