Originally Posted by shellymos
Katelyn's mom,
And another thing I have noticed, I often don't hear stories about gifted girls acting out at schools, especially in pre-k. In fact, I have never heard a story of this. (If anyone has a story, feel free to share).

Great question and one I ponder. From my understanding it isn't that girls really act out but they try to fit in which is a real concern for me. I have already noticed that DD dummies herself down when around other kids her age. It took her forever to feel comfortable in public. Before she was the quiet one that you would have no clue about her abilities. Now she does talk but not near the level she is capable of unless excited about something. I have noticed recently that she is coming more out of her shell. So my big concern is the more time she spends with kids her own age she will adjust herself to be more 'normal' and fit in. I have heard of kids regressing when they get into programs like this and when I say we will have to monitor her I am basically talking about the above more so than behavioral problems.