Hi Bronxmom,

We haven't yet had DS7 IQ/Achievement tested -- scheduled for this summer, but we have had a similar experience with Strep, although it's been a year or so since he had it.

He had Strep several times beginning at about age 3. His only symptoms for Strep are: 1) strange behavior -- getting more anxious/upset than normal about unusual things, 2) a headache that lasts for about an hour, 3) a stomach ache that lasts for maybe one meal. That's it. He's had Strep several times, and each time, when the Dr's office would ask his symptoms, they'd balk when I told them, and then I'd insist that we just need to get him tested, and sure enough he'd be positive.

He's a fairly anxious kid to begin with, but the Strep made him REALLY anxious.

PANDAS has never been suggested to us before, although I recall seeing it online when we were going through the rounds of Strep (and the regular antibiotics don't work on my kids either).

His behavior is back to "normal" once the Strep goes away and he doesn't seem to have been permanently changed. We do have the same issue with writing as you're describing, but I've just chalked that up to a lag in that part of development.

Glad to have you in the forum!