Well, if the kids are happy and you're invested, then I say bite your tongue there and let it all out here. Maybe you can find a way to be subversive and convert them all slowly! wink

I'm really disappointed in the ageism of that homeschool group though. I have to say that's been one of the nice things about homeschool groups around my neck of the woods: parents simply don't care about the ages of the kids, and if 6yos and 12yos are happily playing together, well, that's just more time for us adults to be left alone. GT might be a taboo word--though I haven't heard it actively bashed--but they totally accept the idea that every kid is at a different place in every subject, and that's perfectly okay. It's very accepting in that way. As far as I'm concerned, that recognition of levels of learning and levels of social readiness--GT or no--is what really matters.

The strict lines your group seems to be drawing strike me as unusual for a homeschooling group. Is that the norm there? Or is this group just unusual that way?

Kriston