Oh, I am so with you. While on one hand it is so great that my dd3 loves to read so much - and I am so amazed by her, but her appetite for books is killing me. Every time I go to the library and feel like I have "stocked up" for a little while - a few days later I find that she has read everything I have checked out. It is so time consuming and exhausting. Thank goodness for the library, so at least it is not expensive. I do sort of wonder sometimes what the librarians are thinking about me... "there goes that crazy lady again - she is here every other day!"

A week or two ago she announced that she was going to stop reading, because none of her friends could read, and it was just not something that kids did. I was a bit sad, but there was that little part of me thought ahh - respite. So I told her that it was just fine if she did not want to read anymore -- two days later she told me that she "changed her mind" -- I wish she would have held out for a week or two!

The idea that other people think that I am pushing my daughter just makes me laugh. It really does not bother me one bit because I see all of the things the parents of ND kids do...everyone wants their kids to learn up to their potential.