Oh mizzou,

I know everyone is saying you have to become thick skinned but let's face it...it hurts. What if you marched in and started making comments about what is wrong with your children? Why aren't they able to do such and such? The roof would come crashing down. It is inappropriate such as the comments you are experiencing (Okay such as the comments we have ALL heard) but for some reason we as a society think we A. have the right to butt in and B. need to because clearly the mother of said child is doing something wrong if he/she is not like the rest of the children. Why can't people grasp that their are intelligent individuals in the world and they had to start some where! Do they think that all of a sudden these genious blossomed? Isn't fair to assume that they (the genius) was a child that showed signs? I am so tired of how people think it is okay to say the comments they do and recycle the generic krap that is ridiculous and hurtful. And when you get in those situations even if you try to set them straight with facts they will never believe it. They are set in their ways and you arguing the opposite is another ammo placed on the fire for pushing your child. It is a no win situtation.

The funny thing is if you have read any of the homeschool posts than you are aware that I have been an anti-homeschooler forever but even in that realm I never ever thought that a parent was pushing their child. I just questioned how can you really be able to do justice for the topics you are weak in and of course the social aspect. But never fear I am coming around.