G'day BK,

I can emphathise about the "not trying" factor, but so far, have come up with very few solutions. Miss 7 refused to do her spelling work in class yesterday. Apparently, she just "didn't feel like it". When pushed, cajoled, encouraged and bribed, she said "I don't need to do spelling anyway because I'm skipping year 2 and going into year 5!" This was news to all of us! So I naturally thought that we (the teacher, principal, Miss 7 and I) might come up with a goal-oriented plan to get her to demonstrate a number of proficiencies this year so that she can skip next year (although probably not into year 5!). Her response after getting a sniff that she might actually have to do some work... "nah, I reckon I'll just stay in year 2" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Short term goals work for me, but apparently not for Miss 7 *groan* So I'm interested in any advice you might receive on the subject... jojo