Chalk up another win for selection bias, because you found one person who believes Google discriminates against men and whites, while copious industry surveys, independent studies, and now the federal Department of Labor have found otherwise.

Widespread sexism, racism, and bullying is driving people out of the tech sector, in a survey of 2000 people who left Silicon Valley jobs in the last three years. To which I would add, this is not a phenomenon that begins in the workplace.

Specifically at Google, that bullying took the form of a sophomoric anti-female screed by a male employee that was distributed to 40,000 coworkers.

The US Department of Labor has found what it calls an "extreme gender pay gap" specifically at Google, who is refusing to cooperate with the investigation amid cries of being too poor to spend $100k to extract data (the very thing it was founded to do).

Originally Posted by article
Reached for comment Friday afternoon, Janet Herold, regional solicitor for the DoL, said: “The investigation is not complete, but at this point the department has received compelling evidence of very significant discrimination against women in the most common positions at Google headquarters.”

Herold added: “The government’s analysis at this point indicates that discrimination against women in Google is quite extreme, even in this industry.”

But for counterpoint, here's an op-ed from a woman who worked in a tech role at Google with hiring power, is dedicated to diversity, and yet only 3% of her hires were women, for some of the same reasons you're concerned about. And yet, if you read it to the end, you find that the reason is because there aren't enough women in the pipeline, because systemic bullying and harassment in college:

Originally Posted by article
I’ve worked with many young women in high school and college, encouraging them towards pursuing computer science and getting a tech degree. Many of them have opened up about the hostile environments they face even in progressive schools such as UC Berkeley and have thanked me for the support and encouragement. Now that is where we must bring change.

And the only way in which I would disagree with her is in that I find it obvious that the bullying begins well before college.