Originally Posted by DAD22
My experience is that people (teachers, administrators, HR departments, politicians, etc) are so excited to bring females into STEM that they will overlook a more talented male in order to provide praise and opportunities to a female. There's a red carpet waiting for anyone with two X chromosomes who can do math, and a journactivist with a camera dying to tell the story. I think a lot of females who are inclined to do engineering don't want the attention. I also think it sends the wrong message to anyone more talented who isn't getting the same attention. A male talented in STEM just isn't interesting to anyone these days.
In general it's awkward that someone's career choice is politicized, and done so mostly by people who can't STEM.

I don’t think anyone here is advocating tokenism—quite the opposite— so let’s put that straw man to rest and save the more politicized red pill narrative for other online outlets. Fair?

What’s been your approach in your parenting vis-a-vis inculcating STEM skills for your children, particularly your DD? (IIRC, you have a DD and a DS.)

What is to give light must endure burning.