Originally Posted by Bostonian
Originally Posted by aquinas
It undermines the quality of discussion here to be regularly inundated with off-subject messaging suggesting that females are simply innately too incompetent to excel in STEM fields. Properly distilled, this is the argument you are forwarding, and it is abhorrent.

This is a forum for parents of gifted children sincerely seeking to improve the access to high quality gifted education for our families and others. Individual differences in abilities and outcomes exist, often with divergences between the two that merit exploration. We can do better than to categorically write off half the population with trite bro-science.
You are being dishonest in caricaturing what I write. Certainly the distributions of ability in math and math-heavy subjects for males and females overlap. Some women excel and some men are poor. But it still may be possible that the distributions have different means and standard deviations. It is a scientific question and not a moral one. No one is saying that women should be discriminated against and "written off".

PM me if you want to take the gloves off on this subject. I don't see any value for the forum in embarrassing you publicly on this subject.

What is to give light must endure burning.