@madinuk,

I regret to say you are spot on and I fully agree 100% having seen it first hand. Schools in this country paint high potential as those students which can fulfill the given standard curriculum with success (which is really based on average to slightly above average IQ). Yes there is advanced level and honors in some public schools, but it still does not challenge high, very high and profoundly high IQ. Anything outside of that narrow conformity is not taken into consideration, or cared for.

@LAF, Id say you are more qualified to lecture then I am smile However, IMHO, having an educational secretary with no experience can either be really bad, or really good. A person with an open mind, and with the right skills, is more likely to see the problem at hand then educators with set-in-stone, pre biased thinking. My point is- how many educators even grasp what gifted really is? How many educators recognize US schools do not teach enough STEM? I may be wrong, and my opinions are strictly limited to my own experience, but the well educated educators we have thus far have not produced results that rival schooling in other countries.