Yeah, Lorel, I want to comment on that. I don't know if it's true, but if it is, it's of no consequence to me.

I'm currently working with the school for accomodations that will be right for my daughters. And I love my husband dearly, but I would never send him in, he is not as effective a negotiator as I am. It has nothing to do with gender. More indicative of career/life experience and temperment.

It would be a mistake for any administrator to assume I am overinflating my child's needs because I am a doting mother with nothing better to do with my time. It would also be a miscalculation to assume that I'm not resourceful enough to push successfully if a realistic request is met with resistance for no good reason.

With that said, so far my talks with our principal have been met with respectful consideration, even though I feel we have different philosophies on gifted education and said child's needs.

Our talks with the school haven't gone as seemlessly as JB's, however, we have a different animal here, I think, in terms or who I deal with at an administrative level.