Yes. SB5 and partial WIAT-II scores. We had to pay for it (it was expensive) but I don't think we would have been able to get support for early entry without it. But, we had planned on getting him tested anyways because we wanted to know where on the spectrum he is.

So I brought
  • cover letter
  • copy of pysch report which included written opinion, SB5, WIAT-II and a few other tests like for motor skills, etc. Very thorough.
  • sample portfolio of past work (mostly advanced math)
  • copies of several research papers about acceleration. I did not need them, but I brought them just in case.

I had two different meetings, but that was basically what I prepared.

Part of what helped us, I think, is that we did go into the first meeting back in the beginning of the summer saying "we're not sure which direction we'd like to go" (skipping K or not). And we met with a lot of people. Again, that doesn't work for everyone. A lot of times it sounds like going into the meeting knowing exactly what you want done with your child works best.

As I told them, if we'd know this a year ago we would have asked to start K early. It is actually a very good K program.

JB