I empathize with your frustration. I also have made myself known at the VT office for disliking such incompetence. The doctor had said directly during our evaluation that she wanted to have a checkup at a certain number of weeks for the children. Of course it was summer when the time came, and the front desk staff couldn't find a time slot for a month beyond the target date. She said that she checked the other office's calendar too, and that we should just keep coming every week until the eval appt. I have two children doing this simultaneously and our insurance does not cover a penny. So you can imagine that I did not take lightly the assumption that we would automatically pay for four extra weeks without the doctor confirming it to be necessary. Two days later, I called the other office, and sure enough, they had plenty of slots in the time window needed. When we did have the evaluation, I relayed the situation to the doctor, and she was glad to hear about it. They have had other issues with customer services, and she said the more specific info they had, the better for getting it resolved. It's a pain, but when the doctor is back from her maternity leave, I'd recommend letting her know about the issue. It may help prevent it from happening again to you or others.