We just came from DD's recheck with the developmental opto and all I can say is O.M.G.!

3 months ago left eye was 20/40 and right eye was 20/32 - now both are 20/20. She rattled off a number of areas that are now measuring age appropriate, another bunch that were significantly improved but we still need to keep working to improve. Not making any changes to reading glass prescription or 2x week office visits but will be tweaking home assignments to focus on the more limited areas that need work.

For me the most important thing she said is that the 46 point difference between Verbal Comprehension and Visual Perception on the WISC-5 in January was not a valid measurement. "She couldn't see the page. There was nothing to measure." And "If you put DD with her abilities inside the body of a kid who was actually able to see the page you would have gotten a competely different result." Finally a reasonable answer to the evaluator saying that the difference in DD's scores exists in 0.0% of the population! DO is going to do her own Visual Perception test later this month. ("We didn't do it when she first came is because everything was so crazy - she couldn't see anything on the page - it wouldn't have told us anything...")

So for what it's worth VT seems to be working here. I wish we didn't have to travel so far but it has been SO worth it!